- Everything you need to get started in Digitrax Command Control for a great low price.
- Zephyr Xtra is perfect for beginning, intermediate and advanced model railroaders. It is easy to use and has tons of features.
- Zephyr Xtra offers excellent speed control, prototypical consisting, the full range of programming features and much more.
- Zephyr Xtra is a breath of fresh air in model railroading.
Note: Existing DCS50s/Zephyrs are not upgradable to the new DCS51s/Zephyr Xtras. The DCS51 is a completely new board design with additional keys and additional functionality.
Zephyr Xtra Set Includes:
- DCS51 All-In-One Throttle/Command Station/Booster to run your layout
- PS314 Power supply to provide power to run your DCS51
- One LT1 LocoNet Cable & Decoder Test Kit
- Quickstart Guide
- Zephyr Xtra Manual
- Digitrax Decoder Manual
Zephyr Xtra’s DCS51 is approximately 7.25" wide, 5.5" deep (including rear connector), 2.75" high (including knobs).
All hook up is in the rear of the unit so, leave plenty of room for wires.
Complete Manual Set: Zephyr Xtra Manual and Decoder Manual
Zephyr Xtra Offers:
- Simple to use controls for running trains.
- Large speed control knob and direction switch with brake.
- Full numeric key pad.
- Easy 2 and 4 digit addressing.
- Smooth speed control.
Run multiple trains at once without blocking!
- Run up to 20 addresses at the same time on your system.
- Run up to 20 throttles at the same time on your system.
Jump Ports for using DC power packs as additional throttles
- Use one or two smooth DC power packs as throttles to control DCC equipped locomotives.
- Simple, cost effective way to add more throttles to your Zephyr Xtra set.
- Makes it easy to share the fun of DCC with layout visitors and young operators.
- Functions on locos controlled by Jump throttles remain active.
Over 9000 Locomotive Addresses
- Use Address 00 to run one or more locos without DCC decoders
- Two Digit Addressing is easy to use. (Address 01-127)
- Four Digit Addressing-use the number painted on your engines as its address.
3 Amps of Power to run multiple trains.
- Booster outputs 13V DC for safe operation in N and HO scales.
- Control 29 functions-F0 through F28.
- Function 2 is a special non-latching key that can be used to sound the horn for as long as the key is held down.
- Constant brightness lighting. Headlights can be directional or independently controlled (depending on decoder).
Stationary Decoders, Turnout Control & Turnout Position Reporting
- Access to stationary decoder control for turnouts and other devices.
- Control 999 stationary decoder addresses.
- Universal consisting, Digitrax preferred method. ALL locos can be consisted, even analog locos.
- Advanced consisting, allows only advanced consist capable mobile decoders.
- Basic consisting, program decoders to run on same address.
- Built in read/write programmer that can read and write all CVs.
- Supports Paged programming (Digitrax preferred method). Also supports direct & register mode programming.
- Operations mode programming can be used to program decoders on the layout.
Expandability with Digitrax LocoNet
- Use Zephyr Xtra as a starting point for your Digitrax LocoNet System, then add components.
- Use Zephyr Xtra as an expansion set with Digitrax equipment you already have installed.
- Add Radio or IR via LocoNet. Just plug in a UR90 or UR91 receiver and add IR and/or Radio throttles.