The PR3 and PR3 Xtra are the same devices. However the PR3 Xtra is shipped with a US power supply which is of no use in the UK without an adapter, so hence we do not stock the PR3 Xtra.
For advice on installing the correct drivers for your system please ensure you visit the Digitrax Website prior to connecting the PR3 to your computer.
Using the PR3 Programmer and SoundLoader software:
- You can substitute different .wav files into a sound project file (.spj) or you can start from scratch and build your own sound project.
- You can download sound projects from the Digitrax Sound Depot web site www.digitrax.com/sounddepot.
- You can upload sound projects you have created to share with others, too!
- We encourage sound project file sharing among hobbyists.
- You can download a sound project into your Digitrax SoundFX decoder equipped locomotive.
- You can try out sound projects downloaded to your locomotives on the programming track without having to run it around the layout.
- Multifunction USB 2.0 PC connectivity for your railroad
- Digitrax 'SoundLoader' compatible. Programs Digitrax sound projects to SFX decoders
- Programs CV's for most DCC decoders
- LocoNet MS100 mode with Fully Buffered Input and Output data
- Runs on Windows XP, Vista and 2000.
- Runs on Mac OS 10.4/10.5 with JMRI.
- No external power needed for MS100 mode.
- Automatic configuration. No jumpers or switches required. Configurations can be set by software or manually.
- Selectable LocoNet termination. For standalone operation without needing a Command Station.
- LED state indicator lights.
- Small, convenient package
- Firmware updates available from Digitrax Web site.
- Meets FCC Class B requirements.
The PR3 is a dual-purpose USB 2.0 device - In Programmer Mode, along with SoundLoaderTM software on a PC or Mac computer, the Digitrax PR3 Programmer lets users create, manage, test, and download Digitrax sound projects to SoundFX decoders.
In MS100 Mode, the PR3 interfaces from a Windows-compatible or Mac personal computer to the Digitrax LocoNet system for use by 3rd party software such as Decoder Pro, Railroad and Co*., etc.
Using Digitrax PR3 Programmer and Digitrax SoundLoader TM software with your PC and programming track, you can create, manage, test, and download sound projects (.spj files) in your Digitrax SoundFX decoders. You can customize your Digitrax SoundFX decoders to your heart's content!
Using the SoundTest TM feature you can even try out different SoundFX decoder sound projects. Just put the SoundFX equipped locomotive on the PR3 programming track and use the SoundTest feature to run the speed up or down and set any combination of functions to on or off while the locomotive remains stationary on the programming track.
Digitrax PR3 Programmer comes with:
- USB Cable needed to hook up your PC's USB port.
In addition, you'll need:
- A 12-15V DC Power Supply - We recommend 15v 1a Regulated Power Supply
- A Computer running Windows/MAC OS with SoundLoader or equivalent program running
- An isolated programming track section (You won't need a power booster to increase programming track voltage.)
Size 120mm x 87.5mm x 35mm
(4.72" x 2.65" x 1.4")